$5,000 PRICE REDUCTION TO $415,000!CONTACT JUSTINE WADSACK FOR A SHOWING TODAY!520-271-9001 / [email protected] Presidio of EXP
6 Budget Minded Fixes That Add Tucson Curb Appeal
Conscientious Tucson homeowners keep on top of all the regular maintenance items pretty much automatically. Once you have lived in a place for more than a year or two, you know what you should be keeping an eye on. You have a handle on when major fixes and updates have to be addressed.
When you begin thinking about moving on to new digs, though, the focus shifts. Your Tucson property is about to enter a beauty contest, after all—so more attention will have to be paid to moving it toward the dazzler category. The floor plan, interior décor, mechanical functions, and the other features that prospective buyers will delve into may all come into play eventually—but only after initial interest has been piqued.
Call it what you will: “first take,” “initial impression,” or “curb appeal”—whatever you name it, if it’s positive, everything else can follow. If it’s negative for any reason, all the other factors will be fighting an uphill battle—or worse, a battle that’s never fought at all.
Given that most homes that are about to go on the Tucson market have basic maintenance issues solved, some of the most important home improvement items are those that boost the first impression. Here are six that are universally cited:
1. Clean. This one is not as obvious as it sounds—owners are used to the way the front of the house looks, and more often than not, don’t even notice subtle loss to a home’s “sparkle.” When years of almost-invisible grime are cleared away, the difference can be startling. Every surface has its own effective cleaning techniques: they’re easy to find on the web.
2. Spruce up the yard. If lawn dominates, dollars spent to bring as much life as possible will be well spent. If the season makes a quick enough turnaround impractical, professional lawn paint spraying services are a temporary fix.
3. Mulch. If fall has given front yard flower beds too much of an overgrown look, be prepared to cut them back into shape—then mulch the newly-exposed soil. The look that emerges can transform unkempt into elegant.
4. Entryway. If there is an entry lantern overhead, make its glass panes sparkle. Front door fixtures should gleam—and if they are beyond polishing, replacing them is not a budget-buster. It can also be transformative to paint the door itself with an inviting color that accents the exterior’s tone—an idea that could be the most cost-effective curb appeal assist of all!
5. Driveway. If there are major cracks, they will need to be filled (quick! Winter’s on the way). But if the only problem is blemishes on asphalt, a sealcoat service when the weather allows can be well worth the dollars spent.
6. Identity. The house numbers, whether simply on the side of the mailbox or elsewhere, are more important than most Tucson homeowners realize. After all, prospective buyers are certain to look closely at them—which can be turned into an opportunity to forge a distinctive identity. Search the web for images showing “house number design ideas” to see how many interesting looks are out there—then seriously consider if a change might add drama and distinction to your home’s curb appeal.
These are not-so-costly fix ups that can go far to help your Tucson property reach out and reel in its next owner. For more helpful tips—call me!
Garret Wadsack, MRP, Realtor
Military Relocation Specialist - Prior Enlisted US Navy E-6, Ret. USAF MAJ/04
I donate 25% of my commission to Military, Police, Firefighters, Teachers & Medical
Get my app called Home Scouting to search for homes. Download it and tell me what you think.
You'll need my VIP code for access. It is 5202716759